a 10-week program focused on music creation & collaboration
The Workout is a collaborative program for intermediate to advanced musicians to explore technique, craft, performance, and experience hand-tailored interactive sessions in order to level up musically.
The Workout is for musicians who are focused on making a career with their music and have a vision for their progress. Past participants include songwriters, vocalists, instrumentalists, music producers, and performing artists (across genres).
Successful participants will take part in musical collaboration and must demonstrate an openness to self-reflection and constructive feedback as tools for improvement and growth.
Each week will consist of two sessions (two hours each.) Sessions will explore:
- DIY and pro recording
- Stage craft
The program usually takes place 3 times annually. 2020 dates:
- Spring 2020: February 10th – April 21st (Monday & Tuesday nights, 6-8pm)
- Fall 2020 (dates coming soon)
The Music District is the primary location for The Workout. Several offsite sessions will be scheduled at various music venues, recording studios, and other locations in Northern Colorado.
Need-based scholarships are available.
- 16, 2-hour group sessions
- 8 weeks of personal consultation
- 2 hours a week of complimentary access to Music District facilities (including backlined rehearsal rooms, beats labs)
The application period has now ended.