We understand there are varying levels of comfort when it comes to public gatherings, and we want everyone to feel safe at Music District. We will continue to monitor all CDC, state, federal, and local guidelines, and make adjustments as needed.
1) What vaccine protocols are in place at the Music District?
We require proof of vaccination for all staff, members, and guests. Showing proof of vaccination will be required.
2) Is your staff vaccinated?
All Music District staff are vaccinated.
3) How do I show proof of being fully vaccinated?
All members and guests will be asked to upload a photo of their vaccination card photo ID to our member portal. You may also download your card from the MyColorado app to keep on file in the member portal.
4) What is your mask and social distancing protocol?
The Music District is a mask-friendly environment; it is your choice to wear a mask if you prefer. The Music District will provide masks for those who request one.
5) How long will this be your policy?
We are monitoring conditions and will update our policies as needed.
6) What are your cleaning protocols for cleaning the general space and equipment?
The buildings are professionally cleaned twice a week. All backlined gear will be sanitized between each reservation. We will have sanitizing wipes provided in the production rooms to wipe keyboards and other surfaces between users. Bringing your own microphones is recommended.
7) What should I do if I am feeling sick or presenting COVID-19 symptoms?
Stay home! If you are feeling sick or presenting COVID-19 symptoms we ask that you wait until all symptoms subside for at least 72 hours before returning to Music District. We recommend getting tested as a secondary precaution.
8) Can I come to the Music District if I have received a notification that I may have been exposed to COVID-19?
If you are not sure that you were exposed and are not showing any symptoms, you can return to the Music District at any time. We recommend getting tested as a secondary precaution.
9) I tested positive for COVID-19. What should I do?
If you test positive for COVID-19 and have been to the Music District in the last 5 days, please email email@example.com so we can commence our contact tracing protocols. We will require a negative COVID-19 test before you can return to the Music District.
10) A member of my household has tested positive. Now what?
Both the person in your household and you must test negative before you can return to Music District.
11) What happens if you learn of a COVID-19 exposure on site?
The Music District will follow all state mandates if we learn of a known exposure. We will contact all individuals who may have been exposed via our member portal/phone. Our staff will quarantine for at least 72 hours after exposure and will need to test negative before returning to work; we recommend the same protocol for our members. We will close our space(s) as needed to conduct full sanitization.
11) I have been traveling/touring/gigging. Do I need to quarantine before I come to the Music District?
We do not require you to quarantine after travel. If you are feeling unwell, please stay home. We ask that you wait until all symptoms subside for at least 72 hours before returning to Music District.
12) What if I have further questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.